May 18, 2024, 08:19:03 PM

Author Topic: Controls don't do anything  (Read 15094 times)

anon797

Controls don't do anything
« on: September 21, 2016, 05:29:46 PM »
I'm using a Vive, but I don't have access to the Vive controllers, so I have been trying to use either my gamepad or kb/mouse to move in the game.  The only things that actually work in the controls are the "Activate" button and the "Menu" buttons (these work with both the gamepad and the kb/mouse).

I have tried editing the controls in the launcher window, but that didn't help anything. 

Before I bought the game this worked fine with my headset and controller or keyboard in the Oculus demo.  Now, with the full game installed, I can't even control the demo anymore.

I've reinstalled the game, restarted my computer, tried different USB ports, etc.  The keyboard and Xbox 360 gamepad (and steam controller I tried) all work fine with literally everything else on my computer.

Help?

arekhon

Re: Controls don't do anything
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 04:14:05 AM »
I have the same problem. Demo worked great, but in the actual game only 'Activate' and 'Menu' work, either keyboard or controller :(

Once or twice I've seen the mirror view on my monitor suddenly shift out of the corner of my eye while I was googling for answers, and then it suddenly all worked! Never could get it to happen on purpose though.

Since it's definitely getting input from the controller (and the config screen recognizes it fine), I don't know why the game ignores everything but those two buttons. Huge bummer after spending money though.

Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 09:54:53 AM »
Hi Arekhon,

Is it possible you send the output_log.txt to info@citor3.com ? Hopefully we can see whats going on there. If you can also give us the specs of your pc and if you have some exotic config on your pc, that would be awesome! I think it has to do something with a local setup of your pc because else we would have gotten many more complaints about this issue, but I'll have a look to make sure.

Also be sure that you've gone through the troubleshooting page in our forum to make sure all those things are checked for.

Kind Regards,
Team Citor3

Ndiver

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 01:22:49 AM »
Having some of the same issues with an xbox controller. I have input from the A and Y buttons, but no response from the sticks. I'm using a microsoft surface pro 2, 2D screen. The game runs fine with mouse and keyboard. Not sure where to find the output_log.txt file.

qpwoalsk

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 02:05:36 PM »
Was a solution found eventually?
I just bought the full pack and using a vr headset with steamvr.
I can use the mouse to click and move my head around but I cant move my guy with the wasd keys and other keys don't work on the keyboard except for esc.

Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 07:15:58 AM »
Modes are tied to their default controllers. Rift- You must use oculus home and xbox controller. 2D-keyboard and mouse.

qpwoalsk

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 12:40:57 PM »
But I am using steamvr and the controls do not work.

smoke

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 04:29:39 AM »
Got the same problem, I use Riftcat, (vive emulator with cardboard), I can use keyboard and pad controls to select menu choices but I cannot move myself around the map using WASD or pad, seems like you disabled this cause Vive have room scale and teleport system, but if we have no vive controllers we cannot play this game :<.

Please enable pad/keyboard controls on vive.

Thanny

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 10:03:36 PM »
So this glaring bug has still not been addressed after all this time?

The game is unusable with Vive because you cannot move.