May 18, 2024, 06:58:48 PM

Author Topic: Don't worry Citor3 :)  (Read 10696 times)

beachguy101

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Don't worry Citor3 :)
« on: January 07, 2016, 01:58:01 AM »
I saw your post in the news section.  Don't worry, people are buying Rifts so fast their payment server couldn't take it.  Palmer even tweeted to say more people were buying than they expected. 

Oculus founder Palmer Luckey seems to be having a pretty good day so far. "We sold through a lot faster than we expected," he told Polygon. "I can’t talk about numbers, but we sold through in 10 minutes what I thought we were going to sell through in a few hours, which is one of the reasons the site was beginning to buckle."
http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/6/10724644/oculus-rift-price-palmer-luckey

All those people will be hungry for content.  You should also be able to stick to your principles of creating a high quality PC experience and create a Vive compatible version later this year so everyone with a PC VR system can buy it.

If you set the benchmark for high quality PC rendered experiences you will become the go to provider for them.  As time goes on your market will only increase.

"Make it awesome and people will buy it" - Steve Jobs
ok maybe I made that quote up but it makes sense  ;)

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 11:04:04 AM by beachguy101 »

psuedonymous

Re: Don't worry Citor3 :)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 07:03:07 PM »
In addition, you now have a prospective customer base who can afford a ~$600 HMD and a $1000 (or upgrades to) PC. A self-selected group of early adopters who are by definition not looking for the lowest priced product/experience but the highest quality.

BaronMuzz

Re: Don't worry Citor3 :)
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 03:00:00 AM »
I completely agree, Looks like the VR market is off to a bang and 2017 is going to bring a rush of money for developers. Still I am surprised at the $39 for this game as it is a very high price point and no mention that the purchase will give access to future dlc?