May 18, 2024, 06:09:21 PM

Author Topic: Oculus Quest installation  (Read 10613 times)

Ntw88

Oculus Quest installation
« on: January 26, 2020, 12:40:56 AM »
It seems like this forum has kind of died, but with all of the people buying the Oculus Quest this past holiday it seems like maybe this might help more people than just me.

I just purchased the game but I can't figure out how to install the game on the Oculus Quest.  It isn't running off the computer, it's a stand alone device, I can't tell if I'm supposed to side load it, or move it to a specific folder or if the quest can even open .exe files.

Is there a specific APK file for the quest?   

Maybe it just can't run on the quest and I wasted my money? I have no idea. I'm new to all of this so anything would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Oculus Quest installation
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 09:59:51 AM »
This is windows only game, it's not for android.

Ntw88

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 03:48:43 PM »
So it won't work for the quest because quest runs Android but will work on rift because rift runs off Android?

Why have I been emailing back and forth with customer service for the past two weeks and am just now hearing this?  Is it because I wasted my money and they don't want to tell me that?

Are there any plans to release it for Android?  Do the other games run on Android?

Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 09:06:49 AM »
Android can be used only by tethering. You have a private message.

Ntw88

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 03:43:43 PM »
As other commenters have referenced, customer service is very helpful (once you reach the right person).

From customer service,

"The android would choke with the polygon count, so it's almost impossible to convert the game for android without massive polygon reduction. And doing that means crappy look.

I've heard people are playing tethered to the standalone devices, haven't tried this myself."

So sadly this doesn't work, and will not work with quest or other Android platforms, but maybe the tether can work?

Thanks Citor3.  If I try the tether and it works I'll update here.