May 18, 2024, 06:28:36 PM

Author Topic: Donated to Patreon, never got the promised license for Amoreon  (Read 6512 times)

alias_the_archangel

A while back I donated $20 to the Amoreon/Citor3 Patreon page with the understanding that I would receive a license for Amoreon when it was released.  It's now been out a couple months, and I'm left hanging.  What do I need to do in order to obtain my copy?

alias_the_archangel

Re: Donated to Patreon, never got the promised license for Amoreon
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 03:27:01 AM »
Buyers Beware!
    Citor3 doesn't finish their products
    Citor3 doesn't properly support their products
    Citor3 overcharges for their products, and fails to follow through on product delivery

Today is May 18.  The most recent time the Citor3 Support account was even signed into was April 3 (Screenshot attached).

To the best of my knowledge this is about when Amoreon was released.  There's no release date listed on amoreon.com, and there's no way in hell I'm handing over more money to view the supporter-only posts on patreon to look for a more specific date.

An Open Letter to the Citor3 Team:
I wanted to like your work, guys.  I really did. 

I overpaid for FemDomination expecting a full title, or at least an update or two following the initial release which looked and felt unfinished.  Instead, you moved to Patreon as a funding platform and kicked FemDomination to the curb as a product.

Fine.  The business model changed and you wanted to be on to the next big project, built on the platform of FemDomination.  I get it.

But then, after more than a year of delays and promises, it seemed like Amoreon was going to be that solid, full-featured title that could set the bar for VR adult experiences.  Enough so that when I saw that a pre-release donation of $20USD or more would guarantee a copy of the app, I went ahead and donated.

Now here we are MONTHS after the release of Amoreon.
 - No support to be found on the forums
 - LOTS of complaints of bugs, missing features, and general dissatisfaction from the community
 - No support when e-mailing info@citor3.com, the only e-mail listed anywhere on any of your sites.

I'm guessing you're banking on the fact that this is an adult title keeping consumers from speaking up about it.  Most customers won't want to make a public fuss over something they might find embarassing.  But what you're perpetuating as a company is fraudulent business practices.  Taking customers money with the promise of a full, finished product, only to ghost on the support forums and leave paying people without a product.