May 18, 2024, 05:06:54 PM

Author Topic: hip tracking (thrust)  (Read 10166 times)

Joeri

hip tracking (thrust)
« on: March 20, 2017, 11:27:22 AM »
I think hip tracking (thrust) is important for this type of experience (especially your last demo).  Most people have 2 touch controllers, so if you put one on your hands and one on your hip you could track your hip perfectly.

I tried it with a belt and it is very easy, just slide the handle under a belt and it fits snug.  You can even secure the controller with the string to the belt so it cannot fall down.

The vive puck could also be used for this but it is not available for oculus and not yet available for vive.

Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: hip tracking (thrust)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 02:04:25 PM »
Interesting idea Joeri!

I agree with you that it would add to the experience. We're constantly debating on how to make the game as immersive possible.. We don't want to favor one over the other though.. a solution always has to be found for both oculus and vive.. not sure how the vive stick would work in that manner :)

We're still aiming for a 1 hand controller type of game though :D And we think we've come up with something extremely cool!

Check www.patreon.com/femdomination.. we'll be posting a sneak previes of that feature today or tomorrow...

Regards
Team Citor3.

Joeri

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 03:27:59 PM »
We don't want to favor one over the other though.. a solution always has to be found for both oculus and vive.. not sure how the vive stick would work in that manner :)

I think it would work fine with both the Oculus Touch and Vive wand.  Actually I got the idea from this video on Tested where they are testing the new Vive Puck.  I only tested it with a touch controller attached to my hip (I don't have a vive or puck) but it should work fine with Vive too.  And with the vive puck it would work even better but then your customers need to buy something extra, most will not have a puck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB6RbS-NLmw (starts at 6mins)

For this type of experience one hand and hip tracking should be a good place to start...

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:31:11 PM by Joeri »

Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 09:56:38 PM »
Hi,

We got 3 trackers and replicated this in 4 hrs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khoer5DpQkE

For now we are using it just for accurate mocap for our females (and wow, this helps a lot as we can do mocap in vr with male vr body super accurately.)
Later on yep, as a player extra tracker(s) why not :)